Addison's disease, also known as primary adrenal insufficiency and hypocortisolism, is a long-term endocrine disorder in which the adrenal glands do not produce enough steroid hormones. Symptoms generally come on slowly and may include abdominal pain, weakness, and weight loss.
All treatment for Addison's disease involves medication. You will be given hormone replacement therapy to correct the levels of steroid hormones your body isn't producing. Some options for treatment include oral corticosteroids such as: Hydrocortisone (Cortef), prednisone or methylprednisolone to replace cortisol.
AYURVEDIC TREATMENT OF ADDISON'S DISEASE
Treatments: From various Clinical features it is clear that in AI there is Vatakopa and Kaphakshaya lakshana. So treatments can be planned to alleviates the vitiatedVata and to maintain the Kapha kshaya. Since there is almost all Dhatu Kshaya , usage of Brimhana dravya will enable to gain weight by the replacement of depleted tissues.
- Agni Deepana can be included in the initial stages inorder to correct the Dhatwagni dushti.
- Brimhana chikitsa –for regulating VataPrakopa and KaphaKshaya with Madhura rasa dravya such as Yashtimadhu , with Tiktarasa such as Aswagandha, Ksheerabala etc:
- Use of Rasayana oushadi.
- Yogasana, Pranayama to keep both mind and body relaxed.
- Avoid stressful activities.
- Give adequate rest and sleep to the body.g.Intake of necessary nutrients rich food.
FOR TREATMENT CALL US AT +91-9464614141