Defination Of Abrasion: An abrasion is a partial thickness wound caused by damage to the skin and can be superficial involving only the epidermis to deep, involving the deep dermis. Abrasions usually involve minimal bleeding. ... A more traumatic abrasion that removes all layers of skin is called an avulsion.
Home Remedies For Abrasions
- First of all clean and wash your hands then clean abrasion with lukewarm tap water.
- A cup of water, infused with 3 to 5 drops of essential oil, is also beneficial in treating skin abrasion. Use it to wash the abrasion.
- Apply a few drops of lavender oil on the affected area
- Appy antibiotic ointment or crushed marigold flower over abrasion.
- You can also apply crushed Parsley leaves, crushed fresh plantain leaves or onion juice over the abrasion.
- If the wound is bleeding, apply turmeric on the wound; bleeding will immediately stop also you can apply a few crushed garlic cloves on it.
- Up Your Zinc Intake
- More Vitamin C
- Avoid Foods that Slow Healing like alcohol,sugar,processed foods
- Consume More Collagen: Fish,Chicken,Egg whites,Citrus fruits
- Apply essential oil mixed with coconut oil as they have antibacterial properties.
- Apply honey as it can clean up and speed up recovery